Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting Ready to Go!



So the last few weeks have been very busy! Most importantly all the necessary financial support came in, a few days before training was over, for me to go to the Philippines! Yeah! Thank you! God is good! Training finished up with an Agape supper on Friday, and on Saturday August 15, 2009 a church service about missions that we put on and after potluck a special dedication service for us. The rest of the day, was a relaxing time spent with fellow student/short-term missionaries. We stayed up late packing and saying good-byes and then on Sunday I flew back to Alberta. Since then I have been at home tying up loose ends, making arrangements for my house, cancelling utilities and such. I have also been enjoying time with family and friends. Originally I was supposed to fly out of Edmonton on Sept 7 or 8 to the Philippines but now there was been some issues with my visa so it is uncertain exactly when I will be leaving. Hopefully by Sept 14 when the other part of the Palawan team will be travelling there. I will keep you updated when I know more! Please keep me in your prayers and my travelling plans!

1 comment:

C & K Whitmore said...

At the Lighthouse Church we had a special prayer for you on Sabbath that everything will work out. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and keep us posted. Many Blessings.

Post a Comment