Friday, September 28, 2007

Canoe Trip September 2007


September 14-15, 2007 we went canoeing on the Peace River down a stretch 62 km long. We started out on Friday after school (most of the people on the trip were teachers) and the weather was just gorgeous! It was like an Indian Summer day. The water was a bit rough at first because of the wind as you can see below, but in other places the water was as still as glass.


Above is Ron, he is so close a family friend, that I think of him as a second father. He organized this trip and made it possible for us all to have such a great experience!

We canoed until almost sunset and made camp on an island. There are many island or sand bars along the winding river which is also quite wide, I would guess about a couple of kms wide.
There is me looking a little fuzzy around the egdes, I had just gotten up and it was a cool crisp morning.
Here I am trying to push us off from the shore without getting my feet wet, so I shoved off and jumped into the canoe.
We stopped along the way to climb the cliff/bank along the river. The view of the river was just gorgeous. The autumn colours were out this weekend, it doesn't get much nicer than this! There was just the perfect combination of yellows, oranges, greens and reddish hues in the trees and bushes.



I had a lot of fun getting to know everyone on this trip. We did a similar trip last year but of a different stretch of the river and so some of the same people returned this year. The best time was around the campfire talkig and later stargazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment