So in March 2008 I went to Vancouver from the 19th to the 24th for the annual ACTS for Christ Conference. This was to be my first time attending and my first time in Vancouver so I went a couple of days early to see the city. I ended up meeting my neighbor in Edmonton in the airport and upon arrival in Vancouver, kindly and very generously showed me around the city for a good part of the day and took me to my accommodations (a hostel). I managed to get in contact with my Auntie who is living in Washington State and she came up the next day and we explored more of the city. Really it was a wonderful opportunity to visit with her as I haven't had a chance to see her in several years. Then I attended the ACTS conference for the weekend. It was a wonderful, spiritual weekend with lots of time to catch up with friends and make new acquaintances.






I couldn't go to the beach and Pacific Ocean without getting my feet wet at least, but let me tell you the water was really cold still in March! I stayed in long enough for a picture and that's it!
Anyone who goes to Vancouver should go to Granville Island, its amazing! I remember eating Indian food, watching glass blowing, seeing totem poles in progress and really neat gift shops!

Graffiti management program!
Flying back to Edmonton over the Rockies!
No comments:
Post a Comment