Just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently in Berrien Springs, Michigan getting trained for going as a short term missionary to Palawan Philippines! I cannot write a long note as I am on someone else's computer but wanted everyone to know how much I am enjoying myself, enjoying the learning, the mentoring, the learning about teamwork and learning to put others first. We just returned from a weekend aptly named The Crucible a time of physical, emotional and spiritual stretching. Mostly it was about preparing us for the hardships and discouragement that we might face. It was so neat to do all of this with an amazing group of young adult Christians on fire for God. We did so much praying and talking about God and just revelling in His goodness and relying on His strength. At the end of the weekend each one of us shared what we would take away and leave behind after this weekend, in an emotional and spiritual sense. We used these great big spikes and nailed them into "the cross" to represent what we were leaving behind at the foot of the cross! What an amazing and moving experience. I worked up the courage because by then I had learn to trust my team and realize that they accept me and shared from my heart. I cried. It was a wonderful experience! Very freeing. So that was yesterday and today I am different. I pray that I can remember always the lessons that I learned this weekend! I know God is doing a great work in me and through me.
I will share more stories and pictures soon. Hope you are all doing well.
1 comment:
Hey Michelle, this is Kevin. I just read through some of your blogs. I am looking forward to starting our mission, it will be important to remember these experiences we have had.
Post a Comment