Monday, May 21, 2007

Camping at Howqua

I really enjoyed the trips that I was able to make outside of the city. It became really obvious to me on my first trip out about the extent of the drought that Victoria is in (the state Melbourne is in). The countryside is brown. Some gardens in the city are brown but most people keep their yards green by reusing their water from their laundry machines. There are water restrictions in place that prohibit people from using hoses or sprinklers to water their yards or gardens, it must be done with buckets. I think most people were very water conscious. People are careful to not leave any water taps running for very long. Some people even shower with buckets to collect the water!
In March I went camping with the church on the labour day weekend. We had fun relaxing around the camp fire, going on a water slide and looking for kangaroo. My best pictures at camp were of all us enjoying ourselves, but I can't put all of them in here!
The first morning I was awaken by the kookaburra but while I was still quite sleepy and starting to gain consciousness, I thought it sounded like a bunch of monkeys in the tree right over our tents! It was birds instead. I had a great time camping and really got the know people from church and making friends.

The Wedginator! (well named- we only used the slide on the left side)


This water slide was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment