Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spring in Alberta, Canada

I arrived back in Alberta, Canada on May 8, 2007 Alberta time. The weather in Calgary when I arrived was beautiful, the sun was shining only like it can shine in the Spring and the temperarture was in the low to mid 20s. It felt so nice to enjoy the warmth without a coat!








On Thursday, that week I made my way home via Greyhound. As we neared High Level on Friday morning we saw a moose on the side of the road. I managed to whip my camera out in time to take some pictures for all you who may have never seen a moose before!

Spring has definitely arrived in High Level, AB as you can see by the pictures of our flowering Nanking cherry shrub.














However, spring is unpredictable in Alberta and this May long weekend (due to Victoria day) it snowed twice! The snow on Friday never collected on the ground, it just melted but then it started snowing this tuesday morning and unfortunately its collecting. However we Albertans know it'll never last once the sun comes out from behind the clouds! The end of winter is definitely in sight! We know its spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment