
Some of you must be wondering, did Michelle have any time to have fun? I sure did! I made sure to do as many things as possible. Mind you it does depend on what you call fun, I had fun going to the museum and art gallery, a comedy festival, camping, shopping… My second weekend in Australia I went to St.Kilda beach by myself but met up with another Canadian girl along the way there by tram. I really enjoyed the warm weather! I sort of missed the snow at first but really took advantage of the nice weather and soaked up the warmth! The second weekend my classmate and I explored the city of Melbourne and went to the beach again. As unpatriotic as it sounds, I like Krispy Kreme doughnuts better than Tim Hortons.



The city of Melbourne is absolutely beautiful! The architecture and atmosphere is welcoming and exciting. Melbourne is famous for its food, wine and shopping. I especially loved Brunswick and Lygon street for places to get eat or get takeaway. Melbourne’s quality of life is one of the top in the world.

Along the Yarra River at night
The Parliament

Flinders Street Station
St. Paul's Cathedral


Melbourne Museum and National Gallery of Victoria


Melbourne Botanical Gardens

I especially loved going to North Fitzroy church each week. The church welcomed me and made me feel at home right away. I miss you all! Thank you so much. We had so much fun camping and just spending time together.
Walking from the train to the church was a treat as the architecture of the homes in that part of the city is intricate and beautiful. The gardens were breathtaking.



No comments:
Post a Comment